cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
stat_ranger
Level I

Building and validating zero-inflated negative binomial regression models

Dear JMP community,

I am presented with a problem of building a model using over-dispersed zero-inflated count data. I hope you can help me with this.

I have attached both training and validation datasets to this post. My objective is to build my model on the training dataset and validate it using the validation dataset. I have not worked with such count data before and therefore do not know validate count data models.

In the training dataset,

• Columns x1 to x9 are my main effect predictors
  • Columns with a “_quad” suffix are my quadratic effect predictors
  • Columns with a “int_” prefix are my interaction terms.
  • Column Y is my count response.

I have run zero-inflated negative binomial (ZINB) regression based on the following estimation methods:

• Lasso
  • Double lasso
  • Adaptive lasso
  • Adaptive double lasso
  • SVEM lasso
  • Elastic net
  • Adaptive elastic net
  • Ridge

The lasso-based models can be obtained by running the ”ZINB – Lasso selection” script, whereas, the elastic net based models can be obtained by running the “ZINB - Elastic net selection” script.

Predictions based on most of the models have been extracted into columns.

I would like your help on the following:

• How do I test for presence of zero-inflation? And how do I interpret this test result?
  • How do I test for presence of over-dispersion? And how do I interpret this result?
  • For the different estimation methods, what parameters must I tune to obtain better fit of the model?
  • Using the validation dataset, how do I validate the above-mentioned predictions? I would like to validate prediction of 0 counts as well as non-zero counts.

I am using JMP Pro 17.1.0

Please advise.

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0