Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Feli
Level III

Building a interactive graph with a slider that automatically updates displayed curve

I want to build a little self-updating graph where I plot a curve with data points y against scale x. Also included is a slider with a numerical factor, let's call it a. 

I now want to build a graph where I can drag the slider and it multiplies y with the selected a. The plot x vs y is now updated with the new scaled y. So I can interactively drag around my slider and the curve scales with it.

What kind of platform would you recommed for building this graph - graph builder, JSL, dashboard, other...?

And how would I build such a graph in the recommended setup?

Thank you for helping a JMP newbie.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Feli
Level III

Re: Building a interactive graph with a slider that automatically updates displayed curve

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Building a interactive graph with a slider that automatically updates displayed curve

Select Help > Sample Data Library. Go up one level to the next level to the Samples directory. Open Scripts folder. See demoLikelihoodOfData script. It is probably more than you need, but you can learn some useful techniques.

Perhaps a better example is demoLogisticFunction2D.

Learn it once, use it forever!
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

I will suggest that you also take the time to read the Scripting Guide.

Help==>JMP Documentation Library          Scripting Guide

Jim
Highlighted
Feli
Level III

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.