cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
OneNorthJMP
Level V

Box Plot 5 Number Summary

Hi , 

Inside boxplot , i am able to display boxplot 5 Number Summary. But the graph look very messy. Can i just want to display like Median or Average only? Please advise. 

boxplot.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Box Plot 5 Number Summary

There are probably better ways to do this, but since you only wanted the mean or the median, here is an interactive, but automated approach. 

First, create your boxplots as you have done. Use the shift key and select the bar chart icon along the top. This should put the bars on top of your boxplots. Change the bar style to "Float". Change the statistic to median or mean, your choice. For the label field, choose Label by Value.

This approach will emphasize your mean or median a bit more and places the label next to where it occurs. Further, if you want the mean, the mean is not shown on the boxplot, so this puts the mean on the boxplot.

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

There are probably better ways to do this, but since you only wanted the mean or the median, here is an interactive, but automated approach. 

First, create your boxplots as you have done. Use the shift key and select the bar chart icon along the top. This should put the bars on top of your boxplots. Change the bar style to "Float". Change the statistic to median or mean, your choice. For the label field, choose Label by Value.

This approach will emphasize your mean or median a bit more and places the label next to where it occurs. Further, if you want the mean, the mean is not shown on the boxplot, so this puts the mean on the boxplot.

Dan Obermiller
OneNorthJMP
Level V

Great suggestion! That work for me.
I wondering why only bar chart have the option label by value but other chart type doesn't have this option.