cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dthornton
Level I

Box Cox transformation in JMP 14 Student Edition??

I know in other versions (JMP 13 Pro, for example), box cox transformations are an option available under response variable --> factor profiling, after you fit a model. The problem is that this option doesn't exist in JMP 14 Student Edition. Is there some way to enable it? Or is there a work-around anyone knows of? 

Thanks for any help you can provide!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Box Cox transformation in JMP 14 Student Edition??

The Statistics Index does appear in my version of JMP 14.3, but then it is JMP Pro.  Apparently the Student Edition does not have the Statistics Index included.

Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Have you gone to the Statistics Index under the Help pull down menu, and searched for Box-Cox?

Jim
dthornton
Level I

The menu option you describe doesn't exist in this version of JMP (14.1). See attached photo. 

I've reviewed the "fitting linear models" guide for 14.1, and it's clear that this feature isn't available the same way it is in other versions. In order to see box-cox transformations in action, you have to:

Example of Box-Cox Y Transformation
1. Select Help > Sample Data Library and open Reactor.jmp.
2. Select Analyze > Fit Model.
3. Select Y and click Y.
4. Make sure that the Degree box has a 2 in it.
5. Select F, Ct, A, T, and Cn and click Macros > Factorial to Degree.
6. Click Run

That requires columns of values for "F, Ct, A, T, and Cn," versus just the dependent and independent variable values you need in other JMP versions. 

Is there a workaround? Is there an add-in for this version? 

txnelson
Super User

The Statistics Index does appear in my version of JMP 14.3, but then it is JMP Pro.  Apparently the Student Edition does not have the Statistics Index included.

Jim
dthornton
Level I

Yes, just got confirmation from JMP support directly that, indeed, the Student Edition lacks this (and other) functionality. Next step is for me to try to upgrade my student edition to the full edition, which I think should just be $10 more maybe? The student edition was $20 and the full version is $30 (for students...confusing right?)...so hopefully they'll allow that upgrade. 

Thanks for looking into my issue!