cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Thierry_S
Super User

Benjamini-Hochberg (FDR) exact calculation?

Hi JMP Community,

For as long as I can remember, I have used an approximation of the Benjamini-Hochberg FDR calculation to account for multiple testing:

> On a sorted list of Nominal P Values (smaller to larger) : BH p Val = Nom P Val * N Row()/Row ()

However, I'm aware of some limitation with this approach:

1. For large Nominal p Values, the formula described above returns values > 1 (not by much but it tells me that something is not right)
  2. For Nominal p Values that are equal (or very close for one another), the formula returns slightly different values which I think should not be the case

Hence, is there a better way to calculate the FDR?

Thank you for your help.

Best,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: Benjamini-Hochberg (FDR) exact calculation?

Hi JMP Community,

With a bit of digging, I was able to find an Add-In developed by John Sall from JMP that calculates correctly the FDR p Value False Discovery Rate PValue 

Best,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: Benjamini-Hochberg (FDR) exact calculation?

Hi JMP Community,

With a bit of digging, I was able to find an Add-In developed by John Sall from JMP that calculates correctly the FDR p Value False Discovery Rate PValue 

Best,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse