Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
patriciafm811
Level II

Bar labels disappear after changing axis scale

Hello, 

I am working in Graph Builder (version 17) and I need my bars to have labels on them. But I don't have all the labels I need when I plot it. How do I get all the labels to show up, and more so when I change my axis scale?

This first one is when I just do the basic plot and do not adjust my y-axis scale. I don't have all my labels, but I have the majority of them. 

patriciafm811_0-1717499556814.png

When I adjust my right y-axis scale, which is really the view I need, I get more of my 'green color' labels, but not all and none for purple. My labels for the 'blue color' also disappear. 

patriciafm811_1-1717499615609.png

1 REPLY 1
jthi
Super User

Re: Bar labels disappear after changing axis scale

In first case labels cannot fit to the green and in second case bars aren't visible as they appear on middle of the stacked bars (in my opinion second graph shouldn't be used as it can be very confusing). You might be able to change this "height" where label is but I think it would require extra columns to your table. If users really need to able to read those very small numbers maybe using table to display that information is better (Tabulate could work).

If you really need to show them you can do it with hover labels

jthi_0-1717561893415.png

-Jarmo