cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jovanav
Level I

BASIC QUESTION - How do I make this plot (attached)?

Hi,

A colleague made this plot in JMP, but I am not sure how to replicate it. How do I plot my x and y values in such way? This is probably something very basic, but I wasn't sure what terms to search to find the correct way. Or what is this sort of plot called?

Thank you,
J

Picture1.png

2 REPLIES 2
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: BASIC QUESTION - How do I make this plot (attached)?

Hi,

This plot was created using the GraphBuilder module in JMP where the "% Cell Labeled" (as a continuous variable) was used for the Y-axis, and the Time (day) (as a continuous variable) was used for the X-Axis. If this makes sense, please proceed; otherwise, I would recommend reading the "Discovering JMP" and "GraphBuilder" tutorial (found under the Help menu).

To display both the dots and the line of fit, select the Scatter Plot and the Fit Line display options (by holding the SHIFT key; see below)

Thierry_S_0-1634965975726.png

Finally, to set the reference line (green line), double-click on the plot's Y Axis, go to the Reference Lines section, enter 88 for Value, Line Color > Green, Line Style > 2, and click Add (see below)

Thierry_S_1-1634966204501.png

Best,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse
txnelson
Super User

Re: BASIC QUESTION - How do I make this plot (attached)?

I strongly suggest that you take the time to read the Discovering JMP available under the Help pull down menu.  I also suggest that you read the Essential Graphing available in the JMP Documentation Library, which is also availabe under the Help pull down menu

Jim