cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MasonWang
Level I

As a new member of JMP, what should I focus on.

3 REPLIES 3
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: As a new member of JMP, what should I focus on.

Data table is at the heart of almost everything. But there is so much more. What do you want to do?
Craige
txnelson
Super User

Welcome to JMP and to the User Community,

There are several items that will help you get started.

1. The New JMP User Kit that is available at https://www.jmp.com/welcome. 
  2. Under the Help pull down menu there are several items
    1. Discovering JMP documentation
    2. Tutorials
      1. Beginner's Tutorial
      2. Graph Builder Tutorial
  3. There is also the JMP Starter that is available under the View pull down menu
  4. And of course, the Discussion Community

Jim
P_Bartell
Level VIII

In addition to what @Craige_Hales asked, in my years working with JMP users when people ask me your question I ask two clarifying questions:

1. Do you want to learn statistical methods AND JMP?

2. Or just JMP?

Reason I ask is because one of the most common requests I received while working as a statistician in industry was, "I need JMP training." When in fact it became evident early on the person asking the question need BOTH JMP and statistical methods training. One can learn JMP in an afternoon if you are competent practitioner of statistical methods. @txnelson offers some great resources for learning JMP. One recommendation I'll give you is as you learn the JMP ecosystem you may want to approach it from the standpoint of thinking about a three step workflow...getting data into JMP, analyzing that data, and sharing your discoveries. JMP has been designed with just this workflow in mind...and the many possible avenues and pathways for each part of the flow.

If you are really asking question 1 above...then I recommend as a starting point completing the entire SAS online course "Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving". The course will teach you JMP and data visualization/statistical methods at the same time. It's free. All you need is curiosity and a web browser. You don't even need JMP because the course is set up so you are running JMP Pro in a virtual machine environment. Here is a link to the course landing page:Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving