Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Tee
Tee
Level I

Artificial Neural Network model

Please I am new to JMP. How can I use an artificial neural network model after it i have successfully trained and validated the ANN model.

I have a dataset of over 500 data points. I have successfully trained my ANN model. I now want to use the ANN model to simulate my system. 

Please how can I do in JMP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Artificial Neural Network model

The fitting platforms have built-in profilers and prediction capabilities. You can additionally save the model as a new column formula. Now you can use the formula to make new predictions or visualize the model with a profiler outside of the fitting platform.

Do you want to simulate with the model using  JMP or with another software?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The fitting platforms have built-in profilers and prediction capabilities. You can additionally save the model as a new column formula. Now you can use the formula to make new predictions or visualize the model with a profiler outside of the fitting platform.

Do you want to simulate with the model using  JMP or with another software?

Tee
Tee
Level I

Thank you for the feedback Mark.

My preference would be to simulate using JMP as using other software would be additional work for me.

Is there an instruction on how to save the model as a new column formula. I will also be happy to use the built-in prediction capability if I can find any user documentation. 

In my model, I have 21 input variables and 30 output variables. The in-built ANN model gives a really good fit.

My plan is now is to vary some of the inputs variables and simulate the corresponding value of the output variable. 

Can I do that in JMP? 

You will find the Neural documentation here, in particular the commands in the platform menu (red triangle button at top of platform).

I suggest using the Prediction Profiler with the saved model (column formula). You will find the Profiler documentation here.

Georg
Level VII

There are great examples coming with JMP Software,

just search for "neural" in statistics index, or execute the script below, and you will find inspiring examples, where you can Play how it works.

Names Default To Here( 1 );
Open(
	"$SAMPLE_DATA/TireTread.jmp"
) << Run Script( "Neural" );
Georg