cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
aaron113
Level II

Any way to "show filter" and "regular expression" by default in columns view selector?

Hi! I use "Columns View Selector" quite often. Not sure if anyone knows how to set "Show filter" and "Regular Expression" options ON by default. I searched in this community but only got 1 answer covered the button box.

And the scripting guide has no much info related to control the "panel box". Much appreciate it in advance if anyone helps me out

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Current Data Table();
Main Menu("columns viewer");
w = Window("Data Table Columns Viewer");
w[ButtonBox(1)] << Click; // Not working properly (Windows 64bit, JMP Pro 14.3/16.2)
// w[PanelBox(1)] << Mouse Click; // Not working properly (Windows 64bit, JMP Pro 14.3/16.2)  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: Any way to "show filter" and "regular expression" by default in columns view selector?

You can show filter quite easily, but I'm not sure how to enable regular expression

Names Default To Here(1);
w[If Box(1)] << Set(1); 

It is filter col selector you are trying to access 

jthi_0-1670910422070.png

Few posts partially related to this:

JSL:Selecting cols with Filter Col Selector and hot spot functionality Show Filter as "default" 

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

Re: Any way to "show filter" and "regular expression" by default in columns view selector?

You can show filter quite easily, but I'm not sure how to enable regular expression

Names Default To Here(1);
w[If Box(1)] << Set(1); 

It is filter col selector you are trying to access 

jthi_0-1670910422070.png

Few posts partially related to this:

JSL:Selecting cols with Filter Col Selector and hot spot functionality Show Filter as "default" 

-Jarmo
Craige_Hales
Super User

agree. When you get down to the generic box(1), the scriptable interface for setting regex is not there. I think it should be, but you are likely the only person that will ever ask for it... Maybe a Wish List item to make the UI be more visible rather than hidden behind a popup within a popup would get enough votes to get attention. ("It's too hard and too many clicks to find the regex option.") More visible would likely also be more scriptable.

Generic BoxGeneric Box

Craige
txnelson
Super User

I have been able to send some ButtonBox()  messages to the buttons in the Columns Viewer, however Set is not one of them.  I guess there is only limited functionality available.

Jim