cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mattdalp
Level I

Any way to export Fit Model analysis results when fitting multiple responses?

Hi everyone, I am currently trying to figure out if there is anyway to quickly pull data from a large analysis of several responses. For example, if I perform a DoE and analyze 10+ responses, it would be fantastic to pull out data from the analysis of each result, such as parameter estimates and sqrt variance components (as when performing REML on random blocks). 

Currently, I am having to scroll down a long Fit Least Squares report, copy the table columns I care about and paste these columns manually into new workbooks. It would be very helpful if there was an automated way to do this in JMP, even if there was a way to combine all similar tables within a Fit Least Squares Report into one giant table. 

Let me know if I can provide more information to be helpful. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Any way to export Fit Model analysis results when fitting multiple responses?

You right-clicked on the wrong object. Don't click the outline bar, right-click the table of values. You will get a different contextual menu.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Any way to export Fit Model analysis results when fitting multiple responses?

Hi @mattdalp ,

Try right clicking in one of those tables and select 'Make into Combined Data Table'.

ih_0-1655935805687.png

mattdalp
Level I

Thanks for the speedy reply! I just tried your suggestion and do not see an option to do so. See my image below: I am analyzing two responses, Y(mixed) and Y(fixed), and am trying to somehow develop a way to quickly merge/copy/etc their "estimate" data found in the Parameter Estimates tables all at once. For additional context, I am exploring different DoE designs simulated in the presence of multiple fixed and random sources of variation to assess their impact on the quality of the final model. While only 2 responses are shown below, a good simulation would require 1000's of runs, which is very hard to do when copy/pasting by hand.

I also have very limited coding experience, so I am hopeful to find a workaround without having to learn JMP scripting if at all possible.

mattdalp_1-1655997492109.png

You right-clicked on the wrong object. Don't click the outline bar, right-click the table of values. You will get a different contextual menu.

mattdalp
Level I

I swear I had tried that, but isn't that just how things go? I was able to generate a combined table, and then use the Tables > Split option to generate what I was looking for. Attaching a screenshot reference below for anyone else who may be curious!

Thank you to the JMP team for all the help!

mattdalp_0-1656001332070.png

Thank you for reaching out, @mattdalp. I'm a Product Manager here at JMP focused on the user experience. I believe @Mark_Bailey has a solution for your issue. I just wanted to thank you for your feedback as it gives us insight into how we might improve the product.

Best,

Bryan