cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mcudzinovic
Level II

Animating an X-Y Plot With Local Data Filter

I have created an X-Y plot and applied a Local Data Filter. I can manually step through the values in the Local Data filter and the X-Y plot automatically updates. Is there a way to automate this, maybe with a script? Basically, I want to make a movie that steps through each value in the Local Data Filter without the user having to do it (sort of like the dynamic plot I can make with a Bubble Plot). I have tried all sorts of code variations that have not worked, so I am not even going to try to attach a sample script. I don't specifically need the code to use a Local Data Filter. I just used that as an example of the kind of filtering and updating I want to apply to the plot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Animating an X-Y Plot With Local Data Filter

If you click on the red triangle in the Local Data Filter, you can select "Anamation"

anamation1.PNG

You can then use the controls to step through the Local Data Filter values

anamation2.PNG

Jim

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
txnelson
Super User

Re: Animating an X-Y Plot With Local Data Filter

If you click on the red triangle in the Local Data Filter, you can select "Anamation"

anamation1.PNG

You can then use the controls to step through the Local Data Filter values

anamation2.PNG

Jim