cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Alternatives to colored text boxes

I'm about to write a short script to enable a user manually to rearrange a list of names, each of which is associated with a unique color code - and I want that color to be displayed with each name, so that the user can easily pick out the ones he/she wants to rearrange. What I'd like to do is to put each name in a text box, and to color the background of the text box - but I can't see any property for a text box that controls background color.  (I know I can change the font color of the text itself, but unfortunately that won't do, as some of the colors are light pastels, and the names would be unreadable.)  Can anybody think of an alternative way to display the colors, perhaps using an object other than a text box, before I simply do it using a column of small colored graph boxes lined up alongside the names? I can do it that way easily enough, but I thought it would be worth asking if anyone has a better idea first.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

A Border Box can take a background color property.

New Window( "Coulored Text Box", bb = Border Box( Text Box( "Option 1" )));

bb << set background color( green );

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

A Border Box can take a background color property.

New Window( "Coulored Text Box", bb = Border Box( Text Box( "Option 1" )));

bb << set background color( green );

Perfect - just what I need.  Many thanks!