Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Zoe_Betteridge
Level II

Adding reference lines to a log scale

Hi,

I'm hoping someone has a solution to my issue. I am using graph builder and adding two continuous variables to the Y axis - both require the same log scale. This works okay with a scale from 0.1 to 1e+10 until I try and add the reference lines. I have lines to add at 475000 and 4750000 - which when I add and look at the preview appear to be fine (see screenshot)

Zoe_Betteridge_0-1629378664203.png

however when I click OK - I get the following plot with lower minimum values that won't change even when I try and edit it.

Zoe_Betteridge_1-1629378831831.png

I have tried adding the axis preferences to the columns in the data table and saving the graph script and editing there but still get the same result. Is there a reason why I can't have the plot starting at 0.1? I can get it two work if I have the two columns as separate graphs but can't get them to overlay.

Thanks Zoe.

1 REPLY 1
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Adding reference lines to a log scale

Hi @Zoe_Betteridge,

I cannot seem to replicate your issue.  If you run the script below are you able to adjust those axis limits?

Names default to here(1);

dt = Open("$Sample_data/Big class.jmp");

New Column("Exp[height]", Numeric, "Continuous", Format("Best", 12), Formula(Exp(:height / 20)));
New Column("Exp[weight]", Numeric, "Continuous", Format("Best", 12), Formula(Exp(:weight / 20)));

Graph Builder(
	Size( 763, 619 ),
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables(
		X( :name ),
		Y( :"Exp[height]"n ),
		Y( :"Exp[weight]"n, Position( 1 ) )
	),
	Elements( Line( X, Y( 1 ), Y( 2 ), Legend( 4 ) ) ),
	SendToReport(
		Dispatch(
			{},