cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
CurbGazelle
Level I

Adding connecting letters after Kruskal Wallis and Steel-Dwass post-hoc pairwise testing

Greetings all, 

I'm wanting to produce connecting letters (e.g., a, b, c, etc.) to signify statistically significant differences and similarities among pairwise comparisons of groups after Kruskal-Wallis testing and post-hoc Steel-Dwass analysis (non-parametric equivalents of one way ANOVA and Tukey's HSD tests). 

These are readily supplied when ANOVAs and student's t-test / Tukey's tests are performed for parametric data (Fig. 1), though not when non-parametric data are analyzed (as is my case). 

CurbGazelle_0-1654214183026.png

Figure 1: Connecting letters report from Tukey-Kramer HSD post-hoc analysis after ANOVA

After scouring the internet for how to do this in JMP, as well as in RStudio and others, I have come up empty. Is there any way to have this simple yet informative actioned in JMP?? 

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Phil_Kay
Staff

Re: Adding connecting letters after Kruskal Wallis and Steel-Dwass post-hoc pairwise testing

Hi,

I've had a look and it seems there is no built-in option for this. If you like scripting then you could create something yourself to do this. Otherwise I think you will need to add this to the JMP Wish List.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Phil

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Phil_Kay
Staff

Re: Adding connecting letters after Kruskal Wallis and Steel-Dwass post-hoc pairwise testing

Hi,

I've had a look and it seems there is no built-in option for this. If you like scripting then you could create something yourself to do this. Otherwise I think you will need to add this to the JMP Wish List.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Phil

Phil_Kay
Staff