cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Drewt
Level I

Add script to toolbar in Macintosh JMP 14.3

I have a script that I would like to appear in the toolbar for data tables. Using JMP 14.3 on the Macintosh I do not see a way to do this, but there appears to be a way (based on the docs) for Windows. Does anyone know how to (or if I can) add a script as a button on the data table toolbar?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Add script to toolbar in Macintosh JMP 14.3

No, you may not add or delete items in the menu bar (app) or tool bar (window) on the Mac. You may hide or show them, but that change is all.

You can use add-ins. I wrote one for you. It will automatically add itself to the Add-Ins menu when you open it. It will re-run the formulas in the current data table when you select the command from the default Add-Ins menu.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Macintosh is different that Windows witih regard to menu bars and tool bars. On the Mac, select View > Customize Toolbar with the data table as the active window. (You can also right-click or Option-click on the title bar of the data table.)

You can also select View > Customize Menus.

Drewt
Level I

Mark, Yes, got that. I wasn't clear. I can see the customizable toolbar on the Mac, but can't see how to add a script to it. I want to add a button that will "rerun formulas" when I click it. Can that be done on the Mac? It seems, per docs, that it can be done on Windows. Best, Drew 

No, you may not add or delete items in the menu bar (app) or tool bar (window) on the Mac. You may hide or show them, but that change is all.

You can use add-ins. I wrote one for you. It will automatically add itself to the Add-Ins menu when you open it. It will re-run the formulas in the current data table when you select the command from the default Add-Ins menu.

I must apologize for giving a wrong answer (the accepted solution) and thank a colleague for pointing out my mistake.

You CAN customize the menu. Select View > Customize Menu. This editor allows you to select where you want to make a change. There is a menu command to revert to the original menus if necessary. Option-click on an item to add a new sub-menu or a new menu item of your own. You can paste the script into the command definition or provide a path to a separate script file. You can also choose to hide an existing item to simplify the menus.