Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mkiesz
Level I

Actual by Predicted plot.- expand x/y axis for confidence region

Hi,

I'm trying to build a model using the "Fit Model" platform and expand the x and y range of the Actual by Predicted plot. However, once I do that, I get to a point where the confidence interval and the mean prediction line are no longer shown (see below).

mkiesz_0-1694615548440.png

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Actual by Predicted plot.- expand x/y axis for confidence region

JMP discourages extrapolation of linear regression models. You can, though, achieve the result you want. Force the extrapolation by changing the Minimum value in the axis settings dialog. Double-click the axis and change the minimum value.

Before:

before.PNG

After:

after.PNG

mkiesz
Level I

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply, I've tried doing this. But at some point the (maybe ~50% beyond the mean of the data), the prediction line and confidence regions can't be extrapolated and the plot is blank in that region. This looks like maybe a default in how these two lines are initially calculated. Is there a way to expand the region these are calculated over?

Thanks,

Matt

The method I showed you is the only way I know how to extrapolate. You can pursue this issue with JMP Technical Support (support@jmp.com). Please report any help that they might provide here for others to benefit.