Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
chanson
Level I

ANOVA of Dose-Response Curve

Hello,

I have some basic questions.

I need to create a dose response curve for 3 drugs and 2 controls. How can I use 2-factor ANOVA to compare the drugs and controls? Do I make one of the drugs the dependent variable and a control and another drug as the independent variables? I'm very new to this stuff so I would appreciate some help.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: ANOVA of Dose-Response Curve

Hi,
I think that I provided some direction relevant to this question in your other post: Setting control as baseline

Thierry R. Sornasse

Re: ANOVA of Dose-Response Curve

What do you mean by "compare?"

Also, you have two directions to answer the questions once you decide what comparison makes sense. The first approach is the extract a scalar value, like ED50, You won't be able to apply statistical inference, though, unless you have more than one independent curve for each sample (drug or control). Fit Curve as @Thierry_S suggested provides methods to directly compare parameter estimates or test equivalence. The second approach is to use the entire curve. The Functional Data Explorer will convert each curve into a set of 'functional principle components' that represent the salient features of the curves and can be used as a new response variable. You can them use it with the drug and control categorical variable to compare.