cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
neilfadams
Level I

3D scatterplot ellipsoid colours

Can I change the colors of the grouped normal contour ellipsoids on a 3D scatterplot so that they match the colors of the data points for each group, which I've set myself? Or is it only possible to use the JMP default colors that are assigned to groups when the ellipsoids are plotted?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: 3D scatterplot ellipsoid colours

Hi,

The colors of the 3-D ellipsoids are assigned based on the grouping parameter color settings.

If you need to change the color of the ellipsoids, select the grouping column in your table, right-click on the header, select Column Properties > Value Colors, and change the color associated with each level according to your preference. You may use a preset color scheme if you have many levels in your grouping variable.

Let us know if this is what you were looking for.

Best regards,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Thierry_S
Super User

Hi,

The colors of the 3-D ellipsoids are assigned based on the grouping parameter color settings.

If you need to change the color of the ellipsoids, select the grouping column in your table, right-click on the header, select Column Properties > Value Colors, and change the color associated with each level according to your preference. You may use a preset color scheme if you have many levels in your grouping variable.

Let us know if this is what you were looking for.

Best regards,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse
neilfadams
Level I

Thank you, this worked perfectly!