Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
chris_rigdon
Level I

3D Scatterplot exported as interactive

Hello,

I would love the ability to take a 3D scatterplot and export into an interactive HTML file, with the ability to rotate the scatterplot and see depth.  I have exported Profilers as Interactive HTML files, but when I try the same procedure (File -> Save As...-> Save As Type = Interactive HTML with Data), the exported HTML file is static.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: 3D Scatterplot exported as interactive

Hi @chris_rigdon 

Thanks for your interest in 3D scatterplots and using Interactive HTML.

Interactive HTML supports a subset of JMP's capabilities that we've grown every release since JMP 11. We decide which features to add based on feedback from users like you.

Since this has already been requested by other users, we have an entry for it in our internal issue and suggestion tracking system. I will record that you are also interested in seeing this capability.  We will consider increased demand for this capability in our planning for future releases.   

Please feel free to request it in the JMP Wish List where other users can vote for support of this specific feature. 

In case you are interested seeing an experiment I demonstrated with visualizing 3D scatterplots on the web exported from JMP, please see:    

What do you get when you combine a Marine Biologist, a Video Game, and JMP? (2020-US-45MP-543)  starting at about 26 minutes into the video.

Thanks, 

~John

ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Re: 3D Scatterplot exported as interactive

I know this isn't quite what you asked for, but you can export a rotating image of the 3D scatterplot using using the3D Plot Tools Add-in.