cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Automation of Daily Routine Tasks Using JSL ( 2019-EU-EPO-072 )

Level: Beginner
Job Function: Analyst / Scientist / Engineer
Elena Aksenova, Dry Etch Process Engineer, Crocus Nano Electronics

Every day I have to deal with large amount of data. Unfortunately there is no automation system for data collection and processing at our company. So I have to do everything manually. It used to take me a long time to gather data in one file and rearrange it for further processing. Using JMP Scripting Language, I was able to introduce automation to routine processes. All you need to do to get graphs and statistics is to click one button and pick the file with raw data from the tool; it takes one second. JMP saves me not only a lot of time, but also helps to avoid human errors and gives visual representation of the process. I use JSL in my work more and more frequently in order to simplify data retrieval and improve the efficiency at dry etch area. I didn’t have a lot of experience in programming, but I could write my first working script on JSL after one month of use thanks to big help from the JMP User Community.

Comments
akssen

Scripts can be used for:

• Small and mid-size manufacturing without access to data acquisition systems
  • Production lines required automatic/ semi-automatic data collection and processing
  • Reporting and data sharing on regular basis (daily, weekly)

Why using scripts

• Automatic data collection saves a lot of time every day and helps to eliminate human errors
  • Anyone can use the script, there is no need for a specific training
  • Facilitate data mining process with easy access to the data
  • Script algorithm enables engineers to determine the root cause faster

Example of Cp/Cpk reporting.

Example of FICD (Final Inspection Critical Dimension) data collection.