cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A JMP® Add-In for Teaching Statistical Inference Using Resampling Methods

Authors

Donald W. McCormack, JMP Enablement Engineer, SAS
Mia L. Stephens, JMP Academic Ambassador, SAS

Despite advances in technology and the availability of interactive software and teaching tools, it is still common to use normality-based methods, and even look-up tables, to teach statistical inference in both academic and commercial settings. This puts a heavy burden on students, who must struggle through difficult theory before they're taught how to make decisions and draw inferences from data. Interactive computer simulations and resampling methods can help bridge the gap between graphs and summary statistics and inference, expediting the learning process and providing a gentler and more natural transition. In this talk, we demonstrate a newly created add-in for performing randomization tests in JMP. We will describe the different resampling methods available in the add-in, and will see how to use resampling methods to explore test statistics, empirical sampling distributions, and p-values for standard hypothesis tests involving means and proportions.

The second beta version of this add-in is now available at (8/31/2015): Randomization Test Add-In

7287_pastedImage_1.png

Comments

A beta version of this add-in is now available at Randomization Test Add-In.

The second beta version of the add-in has been posted atRandomization Test Add-In.  This version addresses some minor bugs, and includes color-coding of observations in samples according to the original group (in the two unpaired groups test).

Alana

@mia_stephens I'm trying to get to the randomization test add-in second beta version posted in 2015; I use this add-in my class and the link appears to be broken. Any idea if it is still available, or is there an updated version? Thanks.

Discovery Summit 2014 Resources

Discovery Summit 2014 is over, but it's not too late to participate in the conversation!

Below, you'll find papers, posters and selected video clips from Discovery Summit 2014.