cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lmoraga
Level I

Help with Script for select specific rows

Hi all; I hope ypu are doing great...

I'm wonderig if somebody can helpme with this:

I have a Data Table wich minitoring VAV (Variable air volume box) temperature every 5 minutes, and  Table contains data from two weeks of monitoring (from sunday to saturday, from 12:00am to 11:55pm every day).

I need to develop a Script for select and create a new table but only whit data collected on bussines days, I mean, only the data what was collected from Monday to Friday, from 8:00am to 6:00pm.

Really thaks for any help!

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Help with Script for select specific rows

Try using the JMP Table Query Builder (Under the table menu of JMP).  You can set up filters and generate a new table.  It writes the code for you and saves the query as a separate file if you want to rerun later.  

M

lmoraga
Level I

Thanks for the help.

I was trying and reading about, but I couldn't enable the Query Builder function. Can you tell me how to enable it?

What version of JMP are you running?
lmoraga
Level I

JMP Pro 11.1.1

That’s why. Query Builder is a feature in JMP 13. If you are on our standard license model you should be able to upgrade. You might want to call your license administrator about getting upgraded.

M
mela_ssa
Level III

Let your Start Date and time be May 15, 2017, 08:00:00 AM, and

End date and time be May 19, 2017, 06:00:00 PM.

You may be able to use the MDYHMS () function to select rows of your data table between the start and end dates.

For example

sdt = Current Data Table(); // setting the open data table as current

sdt << Select Where(

(MDYHMS("05/15/2017 08:00:00 AM") <= :Date and Time <= MDYHMS ("05/19/2017 06:00:00 PM") )

);

// subset selected rows and output to a new data table

Outdt = sdt << Subset( Output Table Name ("Output Date with selected Dates") );

lmoraga
Level I

Hi mela_ssa, thanks a lot for your input.

Do you know if it’s possible modify this line:

sdt = Current Data Table(); // setting the open data table as current

sdt << Select Where(

(MDYHMS("05/15/2017 08:00:00 AM") <= :Date and Time <= MDYHMS ("05/19/2017 06:00:00 PM") )

);

To avoid selection by days?. This because for my just is important evaluate data between 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, no matter the day.

mela_ssa
Level III

The days was needed as part of the argument for the MDYHMS function to work.

You could try the following example,

sdt << Select Where(

(:Date and Time =>  08:00:00 )  & (:Date and Time <= 18:00:00 )

);

Hopefully, JMP will interpret the :Date and Time variable correctly in the row selection. Otherwise,  you could use multiple conditions for several dates in the time range you want. For example,

Sdt << Select Where(

( :Date and Time => Informat( “15May2017:08:00:00”, “MDYHMS”)  ) & (:Date and Time <= Informat( “19May2017:06:00:00”, “MDYHMS”) ) or

( :Date and Time => Informat( “22May2017:08:00:00”, “MDYHMS”)) & (:Date and Time <= Informat( “26May2017:06:00:00”, “MDYHMS”) ) or

( :Date and Time => Informat( “29May2017:08:00:00”, “MDYHMS”) ) & (:Date and Time <= Informat( “02Jun2017:06:00:00”, “MDYHMS”) ) or

/* other future dates through to Jul29 2017 */

( :Date and Time => Informat( “24July2017:08:00:00”, “MDYHMS”) ) & (:Date and Time <= Informat( “28July2017:06:00:00”, “MDYHMS”) )

) ;