cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Share your analytics insights with fellow JMP users. Submit a brief abstract to the Discovery Europe call for content describing innovative ways you use JMP.
d_barnett
Level IV

Setting License File Location within Preferences using JSL script

I manage the JMP license file for my companies users in the UK. Every year the location of this file is slightly different and I have to send out detailed instructions how to change this location ( file - Preferences- File locations - License file path and paste the link into the box that appears). this seems to be beyond some users and each year it takes a lot of my time to sort this out for them.

Is there a way to run a jsl script that will automatically change this within their preferences? the closest I can find is this How to access System Preferences in JSL, specifically the date format setting but it doesn't really help my issue.

So what I'd like is a jsl file that is run that changes the License file path within preferences.

Regards

David

1 REPLY 1
txnelson
Super User

Re: Setting License File Location within Preferences using JSL script

You can do what you want by using Set Preferences

Set Preferences(
	File Location Settings(
		Installation Directory( "C:\Program Files\SAS\JMPPRO\15" ),
		License File Path( "C:\PROGRAM FILES\SAS\JMPPRO\15\JMP.PER" )
	)
);

Note: You may have to set all of the File Location Settings that are on ones system all at once, so that you do not delete any existing File Location Settings.  So you may have to first 

thePrefs = Get Preferences(File Location Settings );

to get all of the File Location Settings, replace the License File Path, and then apply the Set Preferences.

Jim