cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Phil_Kay
Staff
Functional Data Explorer Workshop with Chris Gotwalt, JMP Chief Data Scientist

"Have you run DOEs or built models in JMP? You all have? Then you are ready for this...""Have you run DOEs or built models in JMP? You all have? Then you are ready for this..."Selected JMP users joined Chris Gotwalt, JMP Chief Data Scientist, for a special hands-on workshop on Functional Data Explorer in JMP Pro. Chris has kindly agreed to making all the materials available for anyone to use. You can find them attached.

Let me know ( @Phil_Kay ) if you need anything else to help you understand how functional data analysis can help you to solve your complex science and engineering challenges.

Last Modified: Feb 14, 2024 10:06 AM
Comments
Ressel
Level VI

As I had the time to read through the pdf now I am amazed with the level of detail provided. This is very user friendly and should make it easy to apply to some of our own, real world problems. Now I only need a JMP Pro license.

Phil_Kay
Staff

Thanks, @Ressel . We've added the slides from Chris' presentations as well. I hope they are useful.

Bertelsen92
Level III

@Phil_Kay Great slides. In the "Basic Intro" PP slide 29-31. How have you created these "live" interactive profilers in Power Point?? 

Is it a recorded GIF (where you slide the x-factor back and forward) or interactive HTML inserted? It could be handy when presenting to people who don't use JMP. 

Phil_Kay
Staff

Hi @Bertelsen92 ,

I think that Chris created these by screen recording and saving as .gif.

There used to be a way to create interactive profilers for ppt but this relied on flash technology that is no longer supported.

There is a feature in the profiler in JMP to animate the movement of the factors. It might be nice to also provide a feature to record this to .gif, as JMP currently has for animated data filters and columns switchers. You can make requests like this in the JMP Wish List.

I hope this helps,

Phil