cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Term Selection and Sentiment Analysis - Updated in JMP Pro 16

JMP Pro 16 uses Sentiment Analysis to score freeform text from logs, journals, reports or surveys based on a dictionary of terms that have associated scores. This gives you an overall sense of how positive or negative someone feels about a product, process or situation. Some words are considered as negaters and intensifiers to assign the proper sentiment. For example, the phrases “I like ice cream”, “I really like ice cream”, “I don’t like ice cream” and “I really don’t like ice cream” result in different sentiments.

JMP Pro 16 Term Selection uses supervised machine learning techniques to identify the relevant terms and assign to them a score that you would possibly use in a sentiment analysis to help you build a predictive model. For example, suppose you have \product reviews on a product and the star rating assigned.  Term Selection will allow you to determine key terms of interest in predicting an outcome, high (and low) star ratings.

Resources

Recommended Articles