cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

JMP Academic Webinar - Tools for Data Exploration

Published on ‎12-20-2021 11:30 AM by Staff | Updated on ‎06-21-2023 03:34 PM

Post questions or comments below. The JMP Journal from the presentation is available for download in the Attachments section to the right.

Each new data set we encounter brings with it the need for initial data exploration. Before building models or running tests, we need to summarize the data numerically and graphically, screen for patterns or anomalies, and ensure that the data are suitable for further analysis. Put more generally, we need to "get to know" our data. In this webinar, you’ll learn JMP tools and techniques you can use for the initial exploration of every new data set you analyze.

Find additional teaching and learning resources at www.jmp.com/academic.

Start:
Thu, Feb 3, 2022 01:00 PM EST
End:
Thu, Feb 3, 2022 02:00 PM EST
Attachments
6 Comments

These tutorials are very helpful. I re-view them at my own (much slower) pace after the event. Thanks for the time and effort that you invest in creating them, Ross.

Thanks very much, @reardonr. We'll keep them coming!

Ross Metusalem
JMP Academic Ambassador

Were is the key for the Missing Value Clustering Dendrogram?  How would I find out on my own what each color means?

You need to point out that the column heading and the individual rows in the data table were being highlighted as you highlighted the column headings on the dendrogram. I know it's a common feature in JMP, but it would be good to have it pointed out again when giving the webinar.

Over all very good. I like your presentations.

Thank you.

@Steve_01, there isn't a key or legend for the dendrogram. However, it will always have only two levels/colors: one for missing and another for not-missing. In the default JMP color scheme, red corresponds with missing. In the color scheme I used in this webinar, purple corresponds with missing.

Ross Metusalem
JMP Academic Ambassador

Thank you