cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

bayesian analysis

I wish there was a bayesian analysis platform in JMP. Also, if there was an option to do a Bayesian analysis from an existing result. i.e. start with a chi square p val, and then use that to create a bayesian probability analysis where we can choose ranges of priors, and see what the posteriors would be. More and more Bayesian analysis is being recognized as a powerful, informative, and many times more "correct" way of understanding than the usual hypothesis testing and p values. I feel the Bayesian world is largely missing from JMP. Beyong adding a specific platform, the ability to do Bayesian analysis of an existing result (like simulation or bootstrapping are now) would be extremely useful and powerful.

8 Comments
peng_liu
Staff

I cannot speak for the likelihood of having a standalone Bayesian Analysis platform.

There are two places in JMP, however, well designed Bayesian analysis are supported: Life Distribution and Fit Life by X. They might be domain specific applications. But it is possible that they can be used for general purpose, especially the ones in Life Distribution.

bayesfactor1
Level II

+1!!

Peter_Hersh
Staff

There is a new add-in that might accomplish what you are hoping for with the Bayesian optimization.  Bayesian optimization add-in 

Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @utkcito, thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.

ghartel
Level III

SAS has a lot of Bayesian analyses options. It would be great if some of those could be brought into JMP.

alexyu98
Level I

Although SAS has many Bayesian procedures, it is not easy to implement. I have been using JASP (a GUI version of R) to run Bayesian analysis. It is very easy to use and the result is easy to interpret (e.g. Bayes Factor). JMP developers should take a look at JASP. 

SamGardner
Staff
Status changed to: Investigating

CramerRaoStudy1
Level I

I need t-test analysis using BF!

if we can use beysian t-test on SAS it is very powerful