cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Wrap text in Colbox for use with a Journal/text data and saving to a PDF

What inspired this wish list request? I was working with @Jordan_Hiller on making a PDF of some text data as the current way I had to make the output required printing a datatable to a PDF printer which wasn't as robust as I wanted:

shampton82_2-1714510694180.png

However, it looks like there is no way to easily get text to wrap in the Journal we output the datatable to using this JSL:

wajrn = Data Table( "Data table" );
		wajrn << journal;
		jrn=Current Journal();

jrn <<Set page setup(
			margins( .1, .1, .1, .1 ),
			scale( .6 ),
			portrait( 0 ),
			paper size( "Letter" ) 
		  );

jrn <<Save PDF("G:\\Charts to print\text.pdf");

Below is a snippet of the Journal output of the datatable and I can change the width of the column but not the rows and there is no way to set a wrap function.

shampton82_0-1714509939027.png

So need to be able to wrap the Colbox and have the row size to fit the text.

shampton82_1-1714510016059.jpeg

There is a work around through JSL but it is more cumbersome as seen in this post:

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/How-to-Set-Cell-Height-or-Text-Wrapping-in-a-Table-Box/td-p...

What is the improvement you would like to see? Ability to have colboxes wrap text and auto size the row width so all text is showing

Why is this idea important?  Sending out reports through JMP is becoming more important, especially with JMP live being able to run daily reporting activities.  Making sure that analysis that outputs text can be conveyed without losing text information allows users to stay in JMP vs having to save out to excel and build additional macros and reports as an additional step.