cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Toolbar Customization - Drag/Drop or Move Up/Down Items in List

I've created a toolbar that contains numerous Custom JSL Scripts that I've written.  I would like to change the order/grouping of these items on the toolbar but can neither drag/drop them to new locations nor do I find any commands for moving or adjusting the position of items within the Toolbar.  The best I've been able to figure out, which is rather clunky and time-consuming, is to create a new command where I want it located in my toolbar list, copy over each of the various fields into this new command, and then delete the original command.  

Please add ability to move items in Toolbar Customization screen, either drag/drop or move up/move down capability.

3 Comments
Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived
We are archiving this request. If this is still important please comment with additional details and we will reopen. Thank you!
terapin
Level VI

Ryan,

Let me show you the request graphically. The image below shows the Custom JSL Scripts Toolbar that I've created.  I want the ability to change the order of these items so that the ordering on the actual toolbar is more logical for my work process instead of reflecting the order in which the items were created.  That is, I want to grab the item called "Update WED and TNF JMP Data Files" and move it to the first location in the list of 4.  Then, I'd want to grab the item called "Process AN3 POD Dendrometer Data, 4 Sensors" and move it the 2nd location in the list and below what I just moved in the previous step. Etc., etc.,.  Let me know if you still need additional clarification on this. 

terapin_1-1668112485755.png

hogi
Level XI

@terapin :

really strange that rearranging icons in the toolbar is not possible.
Seems that Toolbars are not in focus for Jmp Development team at the moment.

On the other hand, it's quite easy to rearrange the icons manually, but it requires some steps:

• change the filetype from .jmpaddin to .zip
  • extract the zip
  • open the .jmpcust file in a text editor
  • rearrange the commands
  • zip all files
  • change the file type from .zip to .jmpaddin

If the icons are saved as different add-in's, it's much easier.
Then you can change the order by changing the Load Oder in the View/Add-ins menu