cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Replace & Find Next

I would really appreciate a "Replace & Find Next" button in the Find dialog box, so I don't have to keep alternating between the Find button and the Replace button when I am trying to step through replacements in a long script.

For example, BBEdit has this, together with a few other convenient enhancements relative to JSL FInd dialog:

screenshot_945.jpg

Don't mean to steal their ideas, but…actually…I guess I do. Maybe you could ask their permission…

5 Comments
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager

It looks like your image didn't get added correctly. @john_madden, can you edit your post and be sure to use the "Photos" button in the editor to embed your image.

Thanks.

john_madden
Level VI

screenshot_945.jpg

Thanks, Jeff. There you go. The Search pane from my favorite text editor, BBEdit.

Find All pops up a pane with a list of all occurrences of found text by line number, that you can then scroll thru.

Extract creates a new document in which the selected text is concatenated.

Replace & Find does what I originally suggested.

Search in selected text only is also a useful feature. Wrap around is I guess the JMP default.

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager

Thanks, @john_madden. This looks more like a bug since the Find dialog works more like what you want on Windows. We'll take a look at it and see what's up.

Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @john_madden, thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.

Audrey_Shull
Staff

Enhancements are being made to Find & Replace in the next major release of JMP (JMP 18).