cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Quick hide/show button for docked window list for maximized window

JMP Windows Specific preferences does offer "Dock the Window List in maximized windows" option which is from time to time great. What I would like to have, is to be able to quick hide that window list in maximized windows. This could be implemented in similar manner as Hide/Close Left Panels in data table.

Why? This is because the Window list takes quite a bit space if it is set in usable size and I would like to hide it when I have no need for it BUT get it back when I need it again.

3 Comments
hogi
Level XI

A small triangle like the one at the top left corner of the data set (to minimize the table/col/row menu area) would be nice
- although: without extreme need ...

Workaround: one can grab the edge of this are that points to the center of the window and move it outwards to make this area smaller.

hogi_0-1674504162178.png

hogi
Level XI

I detected the option "Dock the Window List in maximized windows" some days ago and thought: How great, I will love this - all window always in reach.

But there is one thing which makes the "Dock the Window List in maximized windows"non-usable for me.

As a first step:

the Window List in maximized windows doesn't allow the user to select multiple windows at once - like the Jmp main window does.

Therefore, I have to go to the main window to select multiple windows and close them at once (I love this feature!).

Unfortunately, this approach collides with the "Dock the Window List in maximized windows" option:

What's the difference ? 

Just try to select multiple windows in the Jmp main window. 

Every time you click a window in the Jmp Main window, this window gets on top of all the other windows (including the main window *) and you have to find the Jmp main window again to select the next window.

So, if you place your main window somewhere where no other windows will get, It will be ok - but on a computer with just 2 screens there is not enough place to do so.

Could it be that the Window List in maximized windows was used before the Jmp main window was invented?

*) Surprisingly this effect in not active if the "Dock the Window List in maximized windows" option is disabled.

Then the selected window just gets into focus - but behind the main window. Thank to the programmer who implemented this

Status changed to: Acknowledged

Thank you for submitting this wish @jthi! Your feedback is critical in helping us make JMP even better, and we are grateful you took the time to share your ideas. Your request has been documented and will be prioritized.