cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Projects Workspace

Hello,

When working in Projects, it would be helpful to highlight the data table or analysis report that's currently open in the workspace. Similarly - while it is possible to get to a particular table or report by double-clicking (in Windows) the file in the workspace, the highlighting isn't great and it might help to show that file in bold or with a slightly stronger highlight color.

Thanks and regards

Mehul Shroff

6 Comments
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @MShroff, thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.

Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @MShroff, I have a few questions about your request. I'm pretty sure I understand what you are asking for, but I would like to confirm before I try to prioritize this further. 

1. For the first part, I just want to confirm that I understand your request. For example, if you had a tab open with a table on the right hand side of the projects window, would you want the name of that table highlighted in the "workspace" section of the left hand panel(but not "contents" or "recent files")? It looks like currently (in JMP 17), it does bold the file that is open in the workspace, but it does not highlight it (it instead highlights the last item you double clicked on in the workspace).

2. For the second part, are you saying that you want the highlighting of the tab (on the right hand side of the projects window) with the name of the report or table to be more noticeable?

Thank you! 

Status changed to: Yes, Stay Tuned!

MShroff
Level V

Hello @Sarah-Sylvestre,

I just realized that you were waiting on a response from me. Sorry about that - I don't really get notifications when a response is needed from me. Answers below:

1. Correct.

2. I would like to have the active / selected table or report be highlighted in the worjspace window.

I don't see any of this in JMP 17.1.0.

Regards

Mehul

@MShroff Thank you for the information! You are correct, we plan to make this available in JMP 18. 

MShroff
Level V

Hello @Sarah-Sylvestre,

That's fantastic, thanks for letting me know. I think this may be the first Wish List idea I submitted that is being implemented!!

Regards

Mehul Shroff