cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Preserve change point detection ( from old multivariate control chart) in future versions

What inspired this wish list request? 

The old Multivariate Control Chart platform implements a Change Point Detection, but that platform has been deprecated in JMP 17. A paper at Discovery this year showed how useful this functionality can be. 

What is the improvement you would like to see?  

Preserve the changepoint detection calculations somewhere in JMP, either in JSL or the new Model Driven Multivariate platform, etc.

Why is this idea important? 

This would preserve existing functionality, even if it becomes less visible (i.e. by making it a JSL only option).

5 Comments
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @andrewtkarl, thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.

mia_stephens
Staff
Status changed to: New

Hi @andrewtkarl , the old Multivariate Control Charts platform is still there in JMP 17 (and also JMP 18), so Change Point Detection is still available.

mia_stephens_0-1686165187675.png

mia_stephens
Staff

@andrewtkarl please see the previous comment. Does this satisfy your request? Thanks!

mia_stephens
Staff

Hi @andrewtkarl, the old Multivariate Control Chart Platform only detects one change point. We'll research a new method to detect multiple change points, or potentially implement the old method in MDMCC.

andrewtkarl
Level IV

Hi @mia_stephens , yes that works, thank you, just as long as the functionality is preserved past JMP 18 as well (I asked in case the deprecated platform goes away in the future, just thinking ahead). To your second point, that would be helpful as well. I wrote my own script based on the code shared from that Discovery presentation that iteratively extracts the changepoint and excludes everything up to that point and then recalculates the next changepoint and it works well.

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discovery-Summit-Americas-2022/Fault-or-Anomaly-Detection-by-Upgrading-...