cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Neural Network third layer

I know there is a lot that can be done with two layers, but being limited with two layers even in JMP Pro is not a good idea. As a customer, I can get any layer in a free package of Python and I don't know why I should not be able to get the same with JMP Pro. Number of layers in the best option would be selective, otherwise, at least provide three layers (Input, middle, output layers).

4 Comments
craigwb
Level I

I'm actually advocating for a minimum of 5 layers, though 3 layers would be a good start!  I want to do nonlinear data compression,  in a like form of autoencoders-decoders.  The middle layer would have the lowest count, and I think in general 5 layers for this kind of data compression makes sense.

hnasiri
Level II

Probably they can include a drop down menu to select how many layers are required and leave it to the user. 

Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @hnasiri, thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.

FN
Level VI

What's the status of this? I agree we should have 5 rather than 3.

JMP 17 broke the possibility to use the same input as output, so we are out of luck even using one layer. In principle, they will revert it.