cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Live Connection to Tableau Server

My company is not likely unique in that it uses Tableau for business informatics (notice I didn't say analytics, that's why we use JMP Pro). We have many thousands of Tableau users and many more thousands of people that use the Tableau browser interface. Those two populations outnumber our JMP users 3:1.

I've been involved in many cases where the data came from Tableau dashboards, was exported to Excel, then imported into JMP. The problem solving was then done in JMP on this static data set. For example, we are applying Process Screening to a lot of non-manufacturing data: it is great for finding the signal in the noise. Having JMP and JMP Live live connect to Tableau servers would be great feature to: simplify workflows and promote real analytics, not to mention increase the JMP user base. This wish can of course be extended to other BI systems.

@stan_koprowski - we had this discussion at Discovery 2019

2 Comments
Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived
We are archiving this request. If this is still important please comment with additional details and we will reopen. Thank you!
StarfruitBob
Level VI

@Ryan_Gilmore , I'd like to +1 this!  JMP connecting to Tableau dashboards / other data sources would be fantastic!