cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

JSL Editor "Go To" functionality

What inspired this wish list request? 

I write a lot of code that is sometimes long and complex, as a result there's certain functionalities or expressions located throughout the code and it would be nice to have the ability to highlight a variable or function or expression and right click > Go To, and then the JSL Editor takes you to that block of code. Being able to more easily move around the code as needed would be very helpful

What is the improvement you would like to see? 

A right click command that takes you to the highlighted section of code a Go To function or something similar. See screenshot.

SDF1_0-1703090648804.png

It would be a functionality very much like if you have a tall data table and have highlighted a data point on a graph and use the Rows > Row Selection > Go To Row function, but this would be for functions and expressions and so forth in the JSL. 

A Go To Line functionality would also be very helpful. For example, if you run your code and then it says there's an error at line 2657, sometimes it doesn't always jump to that location and having a Go To Line functionality where you enter the JSL line number and it takes you there could be very helpful.

Why is this idea important?

It should make going from place to place in the code and be able to hop around much easier than having to do a Ctrl-F or something. Same with the Go To Line functionality, it would help to navigate longer JSL codes.

I know this would help me a lot, and could imagine it helping others who do a lot of scripting.

Thanks!,
DS