cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Graph Legend Font Size Customization through Preferences

What inspired this wish list request? 

To my knowledge to change the FONT size for the legend in a graph (for example using Bivariate platform) the user changes the Heading Fonts size in the Files>Preferences>Fonts GUI. However, this also changes the font size in the data table for the column headings. 

What is the improvement you would like to see? 

Add an option to File > Preferences > Fonts GUI to enable user to customize the font size for a graph and this option would not change the data table column heading font size. Perhaps there is also a way to jsl script the customization of the graph legend font size, but I've not figured out a way to that so far. 

Why is this idea important? 

For presentations and graph readability a large legend font size of ~18 or larger is used. However, this makes data column headers large and makes the data table more difficult to work with and can make column headings become only partially veiwable in certain GUI windows, or sub windows with a GUI. User then needs to stretch the window to be able to read the full column name. Unfortunately, sometimes column names get long in attempt to fully describe the given column's content details.  

1 Comment
ErraticAttack
Level VI

Don't know if you're looking for a semi-passable work-around, but you can hijack the legend from platforms (not from Graph Builder) and add your own columns to the TableBox that is the Legend, example:

Names Default to Here( 1 );

win =  New Window( "Test",

obj = Platform( Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" ),

Bivariate(
			Y( :weight ),
			X( :height ),
			SendToReport(
				Dispatch(
					{},
					"Bivar Plot",
					FrameBox,
					{Row Legend(
						age,
						Color( 1 ),
						Color Theme( "JMP Default"(1) ),
						Marker( 0 ),
						Marker Theme( "" ),
						Continuous Scale( 0 ),
						Reverse Scale( 0 ),
						Excluded Rows( 0 )
					)}
				)
			)
		);
	)
);

box = obj[String col box( 1 )];
items = box << Get;
box << Set Heading( "" );
box << Set( Repeat( {""}, N Items( items ) ) );
col box = Col Box( "age" );
show( items );
Summation( i = 1, N Items( items ),
	col box << Add Element( Text Box( items[i], <<Font( "Consolas" ), <<Set Font Size( 12 + 4 * i ) ) );
);
(box << Parent) << Append( col box );