cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Fix issue with variable number of decimals shown in the UCL/LCL (Show Limit Labels Option in Control Chart Builder)

The  number of decimals shown in the UCL/LCL varies from chart to chart randomly.  I cannot find a way to set the number decimals manually.  @PatrickGiuliano suggested I submit this issue via the wish list. I feel it is a bug. 

6 Comments

Hello @Carlz , Thank you for posting your suggestion and expressing your concern about the current feature implementation! 

With regards to the  "Show Limit Labels" Option in Control Chart (CC) Builder, Limit Labels can be shown on  CC Builder graphs. 

PatrickGiuliano_3-1655349682888.png

But currently the display format - other than the Font of these Limit Labels - is not controllable by the user as an option in the Platform, and the number of decimals displayed can vary, as Carl has indicated, and that variance will depend on the things like: the type of chart produced (e.g. I-MR vs X-bar&R) and the number of decimals displayed in the source data table Column for the response being graphed. 

This Wish List Request includes a possible feature in the Red triangle menu in CC Builder (e.g. as a submenu option to the "Show Limit Labels" Option), and/or as a Right Click > Customize Option (where currently only Font is modifiable for the Limit labels):

PatrickGiuliano_0-1655349172702.png

PatrickGiuliano_2-1655349500538.png

Note that the number of decimals for the limits is currently adjustable in the Data Limit Summaries Report.  JMP does not do any rounding internally to the data when generating these limit summaries, and all values are computed and stored as floating point.

SamGardner
Staff
Status changed to: Needs Info

Thanks for telling us about this issue.  Would you be able to share the example data you used to create your output?  That would help us out in tracking down what is happening.  

Carlz
Level I

How do I attach the data

Carlz
Level I

I sent it via email.  please do not share

SamGardner
Staff
Status changed to: Yes, Stay Tuned!

@SamGardner , fantastic!