cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Extend the support of arrays in JMP's DLL capabilities beyond double

Currently JMP's DDL capabilities allow array being only used with double. This will prevent users from directly using some .dll as those require to be able to pass back other values than doubles.

One such DLL has been discussed here (in fact the same I was working on)  Re: Does anyone know about TDMS format data converting into JMP? 

The NI TDMS File Format

7 Comments
BMangum
Level I

Having the ability to load DMS files into JMP would be extremely useful. There are quite a few LabView users out there generating TDMs files that would benefit from being able to load them into JMP for further analysis.

joelahn
Level II

Where I am working at uses TDMS files on a daily basis, and colleagues here use our designated SW to analyze data - one by one; and for those who are smarter use python.

However, for those who are not very comfortable with data sciences cannot use it at all. Since our company uses JMP as standard tools, by adopting capability of tdms format it would greatly help our daily work. Therefore, if this project is on-going, please keep us posted!

Thanks!

jthi
Super User

While waiting for better .dll support and for someone to write JMP addin to handle this...

@joelahn if you have access to the TDM excel addin, you can write JSL Script which will use Powershell to run the excel addin which can then perform conversion to excel file which you can then open in JMP. Downside to this is that JMP must be run as administrator (You could also write python script to do conversion and run the script from JMP).

kayleewarren
Staff
Status changed to: Acknowledged

@jthi Thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.

SamGardner
Staff
Status changed to: Investigating

SamGardner
Staff
Status changed to: We like it! (in the queue)

This is something we want to improve, but it is on the longer term roadmap.  We will update you as we get closer to working on this improvement.  

CharlieChu
Level I

I believe it is very important for the development of JMP.
My engineer colleagues needs faster script to handling millions rows of data.Our JSL code was trying to execute JMP functions instead of our own loop, it's much faster but not enough.
Our DLL functions can do multi-threading and/or GPU calculation, but it can not be support by JSL. There are no parameters of string array and multi-dimensional double array.

For the DMS files users: No matter what type of data file it is, we always parsing it to SQL database server (no matter real-time or not), then JMP can access the data from SQL server. For your reference.

Another reason we don't use xlsx: Excel only support 1.04M rows.