cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

DoE Augmentation: Option "Group new runs into separate block" checked by default

What inspired this wish list request? JMP is a great tool to help engineers and scientists use statistical methods with the best recommended options/choices. I have learned a lot with JMP about statistical methods and available method choices, and I'm very satisfied by the recommended options in some platforms (for example REML method for models involving random effects). 
The "Augment design" platform is excellent. The different augmentation choices make the platform very powerful and convenient in a lot of use cases. However, I'm surprised to see that the option "Group new runs into separate block" is not checked by default, as this is a safe (and good) practice to check if there are any shift in the mean response between the first set of experiments and the next ones. 

Victor_G_0-1691049148721.png

What is the improvement you would like to see?  I would like the option "Group new runs into separate block" checked by default, so that new users benefit from this safe practice when modeling the augmented DoE dataset. I wanted to change this in platforms preferences, but I wasn't able to find it ?

I know this option makes the Space-Filling augmentation unavailable, but an information message just below the Space-Filling panel ("not available when using block") or below the "Group new runs..." option could help and inform the user why this option is greyed out.

Why is this idea important? As JMP promotes good and safe practices in statistics/modeling, I think it is important to recommend by default a safe and good practice in DoE augmentation. It can also help prevent any "bad surprises" when analyzing results for new DoE practicioners/beginners.