cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Dashboards to Workflow Builder

I am building a dashboard and recording the steps with the workflow builder. I would love to have the possibility to save the script for creating the dashboard to the workflow. Since the creation of a Dashboard is not captured in the Enhanced Log, I suspect this is why there is no option in the Dashboard window to export a dashboard as a Workflow? 

7 Comments
mia_stephens
Staff
Status changed to: Acknowledged

HI @Steffen_Bugge , you are correct. In order to record a step with the Workflow Builder the action must be captured in the Enhanced Log. We'll get this into the queue. Thank you!

mia_stephens
Staff
Status changed to: Investigating

Steffen_Bugge
Level IV

Great @mia_stephens! Thanks!

hogi
Level XI

@Steffen_Bugge , Via the red  triangle menu you can save the script of the Dashboard to the script window and then copy it into Workflow Builder.

hogi_0-1694206260659.png

Steffen_Bugge
Level IV

Thanks @hogi !

Good alternative!

hogi
Level XI

Some while ago, I started to collect actions which are recorded with the Workflow Builder.
I just added this one as #15:
https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/Actions-missed-by-Advanced-Log-Workflow-Builder/m-p/676013/... 

With Jmp 17.1 and 17.2, some of the topic (#2, #7, #8) got fixed already.

Steffen_Bugge
Level IV

Great work @hogi !

I would also highly appreciate if actions in the "Manage Spec. Limits" platform were recorded by the Workflow builder; see the following post Manage spec limits recorded by Enhanced Log