cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Call filter values in query builder only on demand

The current behavior of the filters in the query builder when opening a query or draging in a new filter is that all distinct values of the filter are queried automatically. When doing this on large data tables, that slows your work down significantly while you are waiting for the filter queries to finish.

I would like the possibility to tell the query builder to only start those distinct values queries manually and when I decide to, e.g., only after I have finished tweaking around with my filters or if I want to use this special filter.

1 Comment
LoveDataViz7
Level III

In the meantime, an option is to set your Preferences to default to a Manual list (where you type in the filter options) - see image 1.  I have mine set up this way because of many large tables that take forever to populate the list of options.  Also, once you have selected the filter items in the List Box method of filtering, you can convert the filter to Manual, and it will populate with the items you had selected - see image 2.  I find this very useful as the lists are usually very long and it is much easier to see the options in a short list vs lots of scrolling to see what is highlighted.  If you regularly need to see the updated list of options, this won't work, but they might be helpful in the interim.  You can switch back and forth between Manual List and List Box filtering anytime, and your selections are saved and converted between the two visualizations.

LoveDataViz7_0-1699545688327.png  

LoveDataViz7_1-1699546141824.png