cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Add option to make new reports in JMP Project's to be opened after the data table they belong to (basically keep all the reports and tables grouped in similar manner as window list)

What inspired this wish list request? 

Participating in JMP Lab during JMP Discovery Summit Europe 2023 where I did use Projects (I don't really use them, but I do see that there could be potential) with multiple data tables and reports at the same time. I was a bit confused when I was creating new reports in projects because they didn't open next to my other reports belonging to that data table. This was even more obvious when I had to jump around the other reports and go back to newly created ones.

What is the improvement you would like to see? 

When I'm working with multiple data tables in JMP Project's I would like to have my reports and data tables be ordered in similar manner as they are in Workspace. Below is an example:

Starting situation, I have two tables with few reports each.

jthi_0-1678870526292.png

Next I will create Fit Y by X to Big Class data table and it will be added as last in the window listing. 

jthi_1-1678870572518.png

What I would like to see it being added after the distribution of Big Class:

jthi_2-1678870601074.png

Option for this could be provided for example as a Check Box in somewhere of JMP Project user-interface (or maybe provide red-triangle menu for the tab selector where you could have even more different options).

Why is this idea important? 

Improves the content organization in JMP Projects.