cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Add Model Selection to (Generalized) Mixed Model Platform

What inspired this wish list request? 

Model selection is essential for DoE Analysis. JMP provides this feature for platforms like Fit Stepwise or Generalized Regression, where only fixed effects are present in the model. However, by using Split Plot Designs or random block models I need to use either the Mixed Model Platform or the Generalized Mixed Model Platform. Both platforms does not allow automatic model selection steps like Backward Elimination, Forward Selection or Prune Forward Selection. Thus, I'm forced to perform these steps in a manually way, which are very tedious. Other software tools like Design Expert already allow automatic model selection for split plot designs!

What is the improvement you would like to see?

Simply add all the model selection features from the generalized regression platform (see screenshot) to the Generalized Mixed Model Platform

Marco__0-1684500099748.png

Why is this idea important?

At the moment I have to use Design Expert to perform a model selection on Split-Plot Designs, because it is too much work to do this manually in JMP. In other words, I cannot use JMP for Split-Plot Model Analysis respectively not even for random block models!

1 Comment
mia_stephens
Staff
Status changed to: Acknowledged