cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JMP Pick A Winner Spinner
gail_massari
Community Manager Community Manager

Update Aug. 25, 2015: I've replaced the script with a new one that allows you to add/remove spinners. It appears the earlier one that was posted was incorrectly edited and didn't work properly. -jeff.perkinson

Bill Worley billw@jmp sent me a spinner script that the SEs use to generate a random number from 1 to the number of people eligible to win something.  We use it to give away JMP books.  After you run the script, simply type the maximum number (How many People?).

9296_Spinner JSL.JPG

After you type the maximum number, the spinner pops up, you hit spin, and then the arrow lands on a number and the value on the spinner displays above the spinner.

9297_Spinner Window.JPG

Comments

I get an error message if I add a second spinner

Name Unresolved: avgBox in access or evaluation of 'avgBox' , avgBox/*###*/

Yes, happened to me using JMP 12, too.  The spinner does not allow you to add another spinner.  Any suggestions Bill?  I know you ran it twice, but perhaps you just relaunched the script rather than added another spinner?

Hi Gail,

I would like to say I know more about this script, but I too received it as a "gift".  I did run two separate spinners the other day because I have seen the same issue that you and Martin both experienced.

Best,

Bill

Jeff just updated the spinner.

Martin, the spinner is now updated and downloadable.

Yes, this works well now  - I see now I was a bit premature with my five star rating before I tested all the fnctionality!  It desreves one now - looking forward to using it in a workshop in a couple of weeks time!