cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Registration open for Discovery Summit Europe. User Group Members benefit from a 25% discount with the code: DSEUgroup24
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Q3_2022 Meeting Question: How can I add page breaks between pages in Graph Builder using Page drop zone for better printing

There was a question by Gordon Limond about best way to have page breaks in a Graph Builder using the "Page" drop zone. 

Why: Using the page drop zone and printing the graph builder with all (up to many hundreds of pages) results in sometimes having the title of the "page"  on one side of the printout and the graph on the next page or other cut-offs. 

Current Workaround Options: not really 

After Discussion Workaround options:

• Using a filter, looping through, saving out images for each of them and bring all images into the final document 
  • Creating a New Window script with a Graph Builder script for each page, using the Page Break object between each GB statement
  • Do the same with an expression statement and loop through the pages variable
  • A very smart suggestion came from Isaac Himanga using "xpath" and "prepend":
    Names Default To Here( 1 );

dt = Open( "$Sample_data/big class.jmp" );

gb = Graph Builder(
    		Size( 534, 2956 ),
    		Show Control Panel( 0 ),
    		Variables( X( :height ), Y( :weight ), Page( :age ) ),
    		Elements( Points( X, Y, Legend( 4 ) ), Smoother( X, Y, Legend( 5 ) ) )
    	);
    	(gb << xpath("//GraphBuilderGroupBox")) << prepend(Page Break Box());
    This already does the job beside the first page of the print out, but it might be due to the not completely correct path within the xpath statement. As it was ad-hoc and worked already almost perfect, big kudos to Isaac!

/****NeverStopLearning****/
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Q3_2022 Meeting Question: How can I add page breaks between pages in Graph Builder using Page drop zone for better printing

Please see also this post

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Q3_2022 Meeting Question: How can I add page breaks between pages in Graph Builder using Page drop zone for better printing

Please see also this post