cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

JSL Makeover Challenge Description

What it is about:

Each Meeting we will announce a JSL Makeover Challenge you can work on up to the next meeting. Submit your ideas and codes to the related Challenge post in the community. In the following meeting we will discuss the challenge and show some of the solutions. I’ll talk about what I think made the previous challenge challenging, and try to offer bits of wisdom. The challenge will be open to everyone. 

Each challenge will look to emphasize certain programming and data-oriented skills as they apply to JMP. I’d like to encourage everybody, regardless of your ability level, to give them a try.

Where to submit ideas for future Make over Challenges?

On the main page you'll find to the right (somewhere in the middle) "Topic Suggestions" or you click here . You can also vote there for ideas from others. I put some initial ideas there for voting in the first inaugural meeting. Important, it does not need to be the most challenging challenge. Things that can help to accomplish recurring tasks more efficient but are quite simple (like sorting tables) are welcome as well.

This user group tries to cover all levels of scripting experience. So challenges can be as well in any level. We may conclude as a user group that we want to have two challenges, one for the advanced scripter, and one for the daily task issues.
If you have ideas bring them to the meeting or submit it as comment to this post or directly to the topics suggestions. 

Where to find the current and previous Challenge posts and solution discussions?

Here you'll see shortcuts of to the current and past challenge posts, where you can provide your submission in the comments field.

/****NeverStopLearning****/
0 REPLIES 0