cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
France regions, old and new, combined
JohnPonte
Staff (Retired)

Until recently, France was divided into 22 regions but in 2016 that was modified to be just 13 regions. I updated the shape files, FR-Admin1-Name.jmp and FR-Admin1-XY.jmp for version 14 and Florence put them on the community here:

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Groupe-francophone-des/Cartographie-Nouvelles-régions-de-France/gpm-p/3...

But it occured to me that you might have data over time that uses both the old regions and the new regions. So I created a set of shape files that includes both the old set and the new set of regions. They are called FR-AdminCombined-Name.jmp and FR-AdminCombined-XY.jmp. I also created a sample data table, FrancePop.jmp, that shows the population of each region in 1999 and 2016. Run the embedded script and select the different years in the data filter to see the regions change.

Enjoy,

John