cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Using JMP (Episode 4 - The Distribution Platform)

You’ve probably used JMP’s Distribution Platform, but chances are you’re only scratching the surface of its usefulness. In this Episode of Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Using JMP, Mike Anderson gives us a tour of all the capabilities of this powerful platform, including how to customize the information you view, how to turn on various capabilities to perform various statistical tests on your data and get even more out of The Distribution Menu’s visualizations and more. Mike concludes his session by answering several questions for the viewing audience.

Comments

Following up on the question regarding Noninferiority.  

Noninferiority is a one-sided equivalence test.  With a standard equivalence test, you use two one-sided t-tests to determine if a value is outside of a range of interest (different enough to be practically different).  With noninferiority, you're only concerned about one of the two t-tests (is my value on the same side of a boundary as a competitor, for instance).  JMP gives you the results for both of the t-tests used in equivalence. So, you'd just pick the one that you're concerned about to do a noninferiority test.  The whole concept of equivalence/noninferiority can be a bit mind-bending at first, so here are some good references on the topic: